Blanche & Cecil Carstenson Collection
Scope and Contents
The Blanche and Cecil Carstenson Collection is a small, yet significant array of ephemera highlighting this artistic couple’s accomplishments. Dates range from the 1941 up to 1998. Included are items relating to art exhibits; special events and other such programs. The “Gnome Gnotebook” contains exhibit dates from 1941-1964, with detailed information. There are multiple photographs of two of Cecil Carstenson’s wood sculptures, but they are not identified.
The real jewel of the collection is a sketchbook belonging to Blanche Carstenson, dated 1972.It is filled with original sketches of potential artistic works. One can only wonder what great masterpieces were derived from these preliminary studies.
- Majority of material found within 1941 - 1998
- Carstenson, Blanche Emily Williams (1907-October 2, 2002) (Person)
- Carstenson, Cecil C. (January 3, 1991) (Person)
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright status is unknown.
1 Linear Feet (LaBudde: 1 box, 10 folders.)
Language of Materials
- LaBudde: Teresa L. Gipson, Stuart Hinds (supervising archivist).
- LaBudde: Spring 2010.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description