A. W. Perry’s Sons Collection
Scope and Contents
The A.W. Perry's Sons Collection was donated to the University of Missouri-Kansas City by Cory Helms, great-grandson of A.W. Perry, in 1991. The collection, housed in the Dr. Kenneth J. LaBudde Department of Special Collections, consists of material related to A.W. Perry's Sons Publishing, including material of Philip B. Perry (one of A.W.'s sons), who was a composer. Included in the collection are issues of Perry's Musical Magazine, sheet music, manuscript music scores, catalogs, advertisements, business records, correspondence, newspaper clippings, family photographs, cut art, printing plates and other miscellaneous items.
- 1880 - 1972
- A.W. Perry's Sons (Organization)
- Perry, A. W. (Austin W.), 1829-1900 (Person)
- Perry, Andrew J. (Person)
- Perry, Phil. B. (Philip B.), 1859-1953 (Person)
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright status is unknown
3 Linear Feet (LaBudde: 7 Manuscript Boxes.)
Language of Materials
- LaBudde: Brett J. Fuelberth, Amy Leimkuhler (supervising archivist).
- LaBudde: June 1997.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the University of Missouri-Kansas City Special Collections and Archives Repository