William F. Trumbauer Collection
Scope and Contents
The Trumbauer Collection was donated to the UMKC Libraries in June 2006 by drummer Bill M. Trumbauer, son of trumpeter William (Bill) F. Trumbauer and grandson of jazz saxophonist Frank Trumbauer. Included were materials related to Frank and Bill F. An addendum of material was gifted in September 2010 by Bill M. and Mary Trumbauer, widow of Bill F. At that time the collection was separated into two distinct collections: Frank Trumbauer Collection and William F. Trumbauer Collection.
Housed in LaBudde Special Collections, the manuscript materials in the William F. Trumbauer Collection consist of biographical information, including a scrapbook containing photographs; news clippings and ephemera relating to Trumbauer’s musical background; day planner booklets, posters, photographs and other miscellaneous items.
Housed in the Marr Sound Archives, the audiovisual materials consist of live recordings, studio recordings, and family recordings from Bill Trumbauer's early life, including some performances with his father, jazz saxaphonist, Frank Trumbauer. Also included are band recordings and workshops from his tenure at the UMKC Conservatory.
- 1923 - 2010
- Trumbauer, William F. (William (Bill) Francis Trumbauer) (April 9, 1923-October 21, 1978) (Person)
- Trumbauer, Frank "Tram" (May 30, 1901-June 11, 1956) (Person)
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright status is unknown
3 Linear Feet (LaBudde: 2 Manuscript Boxes, 1 Oversized Drawer. )
3 Linear Feet (Marr: 2 boxes of audiovisual materials.)
Language of Materials
- LaBudde: Kelly McEniry, Stuart Hinds (supervising archivist); Addendum 1: Teresa L. Gipson, Hinds (supervising archivist). Marr: Cybelle Greenlaw, Derek Long.
- LaBudde: July 2009; Addendum 1: September 2010. Marr: 2022.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the University of Missouri-Kansas City Special Collections and Archives Repository